Terms and conditions for Teachers
Independent Teacher service contract
with ESITY s.r.o. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company").
Address: Račianska 88 B, 831 02 Bratislava, SlovakiaThe company and the teacher (hereinafter referred to as the "tutor" or "lecturer") agree with this contract voluntarily, in accordance with the laws and regulations issued by the competent authorities of the Slovak Republic. By providing services for the Company, the lecturer agrees to this contract, and both parties undertake to respect the provisions of the contract.
1. The position of the teacher and the scope of work
1.1 The teacher's position name is Online Lecturer. In accordance with the Company's instructions, the lecturer will provide teaching services in English / German or another foreign language according to the agreement to the company's customers.
1.2 The lecturer, by mutual agreement, accepts the management and organization of teaching within the set working hours.
1.3 Except in exceptional circumstances which make it impossible for the lecturer to teach, the lecturer may not stop teaching prematurely.
2. Rules of teaching or cancellation of teaching
Students pre-pay the classes and expect them to be delivered on time and in full length. On the other hand, the teachers also expect the same from the students - to come and pay for the scheduled classes. To deliver what each side wants and to fulfill our promises, we have created these rules for teachers and students:
A: PunctualityLecturers should be punctual for each class. The lecturer should be in the online classroom at least 5 minutes in advance (his video and microphone can be turned off). If the lecturer is late, he will be deducted 10% of the tuition fee for each delayed minute. If the lecturer is late longer than 5 minutes, 50% of the salary for the given lecturer teaching will be deducted as a fine and the class can be transferred to another lecturer.
The lecturer should check the scheduled lessons each day (there may be some changes).
B: Duration of classesOne lesson lasts 25 minutes or 50 minutes upon agreement with the student. Student can request different timing of the lessons.
The lecturer can never leave teaching earlier than after 25 or 50 minutes (depending on the length of the lesson). If the lecturer leaves the class earlier, 10% per minute will be deducted from his / her remuneration for the given class. If the lecturer leaves the class earlier than 5 minutes before the end of the class, h0% of the salary for the given lecturer teaching will be deducted as a fine.
C: Absence from classesThe teacher must request time off at least 24 hours before the scheduled lesson.
If a teacher cannot teach the class and requests leave less than 24 hours in advance, but at least 3 hours in advance, he will be deducted as a fine 10% of the hourly wage for each affected class. For example, if the teacher has 3 classes on Tuesday afternoon and asks for leave on Tuesday morning, and his payment is 10 Eur per hour, 3 x 1 Eur (10% of 10 Eur) = 3 Eur will be deducted from that teacher's monthly payment.
If the teacher requests a leave less than 3 hours in advance, or does not attend the class without notifying the company, he will not be paid for this class and will be deducted as a fine 50% of the hourly salary for each affected class.
This is true even if the teacher is available but unable to teach due to a computer, device or internet problem.
D: If the student is late or absentStudents should book lessons at least 24 hours in advance. Any changes should be made at least 24 hours in advance.
If a student cancels a lesson less than 24 hours in advance but at least 3 hours in advance, the teacher will receive 50% of the salary for this lesson.
If a student cancels a lesson less than 3 hours in advance, the teacher will receive 100% of the salary for this lesson.
If a student is absent from class or has problems with the Internet or equipment, the teacher must contact the company and stay in the online classroom with video and microphone on throughout the class in case the student shows up, unless otherwise instructed by the company. The teacher will receive a full salary for this lesson.
E: Complaints and terminationIf a teacher receives 3 or more complaints per month regarding the following teaching problems, consideration will be given to the possible termination or suspension of the teacher's teaching, or 10% of the teacher's hourly wage will be deducted for each teaching that is the subject of the complaint:
1. Punctuality or lessons lasting less than 25/50 minutes.
2. Endangered teaching due to absence or leave.
3. Teaching that is cancelled due to the teacher's problems with the laptop / internet / technology.
4. Non-professional behavior of the teacher, like eating, drinking or answering phone calls in class
5. Inability to use teaching software professionally and according to company's policies (like not using sharing the screen or camera)
6. Using the wrong teaching materials
7. Unsatisfactory teaching performance
F: Teaching evaluationTeachers' teaching is recorded and checked as needed a maximum of three times a month, and the teacher can be given feedback on his teaching. If the teacher still does not show an improvement in teaching after two consecutive reminders, it is possible to suspend or terminate the cooperation. Teachers will be evaluated according to our KPI system. If the teacher's monthly KPI score reaches 95%, then the teacher may receive an incentive (monthly payment × 5%) for good performance. If the monthly KPI score is below 80% for two consecutive months, there is a possibility to terminate or suspend the collaboration with such a teacher.
G: Rules and regulations1. The teacher must keep their online lessons appropriately dressed (formal sleeved clothing is recommended).
2. The teacher must check the internet server and eliminate any noise that could interfere with teaching.
3. ZOOM: Registration - Come to class at least 5 to 10 minutes before starting online classes (with video and microphone off), wait for students and check the student's sheet and teaching materials.
4. Report problems with teaching: in case of any problems, the teacher contacts the company.
5. The teacher must teach in accordance with coaching and training and improve.
6. The teacher must follow the standard teaching procedure or teach according to the needs of the student.
7. The teacher must know that the lesson materials are designed for a specific level of students in a given language. Teaching should be flexible and take into account the specific level of the student.
8. The teacher must conduct the lessons in such a way that the lessons are as interactive and engaging as possible.